To get Maria Makes updates delivered to your inbox, subscribe via email here.
This isn't a groundbreaking new recipe; it's just an easy lunch idea. Sheet pan meals are all over Pinterest and food blogs! Here's one I made recently :)
If you've been following my blog or following me on Instagram for any length of time, then you know that I'm a HUGE fan of meal prepping on Sundays!
My favorite lunch meal prep recipes are the ones that require minimal prep time and make a lot at once! i.e. enough for 4-5 lunches (or in our case, 8-10 lunches - enough for both of us for the week).
This week, ZB wanted something pretty simple -- chicken, peppers, onions, and brown rice. I do already have one sheet pan chicken recipe on Maria Makes (my Fajita Chicken & Veggie Bake), but this one made me think... you could really change this up into about a million different meals, meeting your own dietary restrictions, just by altering the seasoning blend and veggie choices!
So I just called it Sheet Pan Chicken & Veggies... because you can use chicken with whatever veggies your heart desires. You can make it spicy or tangy or sweet or whatever flavor combo strikes your fancy. You can throw it over rice or cauli rice or zoodles or in lettuce wraps or on a salad. Eat it hot or eat it cold, eat it for breakfast or eat it for lunch, we don't judge. Make it your own, and ENJOY.
Combos to try:
- Chicken Philly - chicken, red and green bell peppers, sweet onions, TJ's lemon pepper seasoning, S&P, evoo (pictured here)
- Balsamic - chicken, broccoli, red peppers, asparagus, balsamic vinegar, evoo, italian seasonings, S&P
- Stir Fry - chicken, broccoli, carrots, peppers, snap peas, coconut aminos, ginger, sesame oil
- Fajita - chicken, peppers, onions, broccoli, tomatoes, zucchini, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, S&P, evoo
- Garlic Herb - chicken, green beans, broccoli, red peppers, garlic, italian seasonings, evoo, S&P
- Buffalo - chicken, red and green bell peppers, carrots, cauliflower, Red Hot, garlic powder, ghee
Sheet Pan Chicken & Veggies (Chicken Philly)
[Whole30 - Paleo - Gluten Free - Grain Free - Dairy Free]
1.5 lbs chicken breast
combo of whatever veggies you want:
2 red bell peppers, cut into thick strips
2 green bell peppers, cut into thick strips
1 sweet onion, sliced
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line two sheet pans or cookie sheets with aluminum foil. Spray or drizzle with olive oil or cooking fat of your choice.
- Cut raw chicken into bite sized pieces. Chop all of your veggies as noted above and distribute evenly between the two sheet pans.
- Season liberally with lemon pepper seasoning or seasoning/sauces of your choice. I added more salt and pepper and another drizzle of olive oil.
- Get in there with your hands and make sure the veggies and chicken are all coated with the cooking fat/seasonings/sauces.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Stir / flip and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Portion out into meal prep containers along with sides of your choice - cauli rice, zoodles, etc.
- Grab one for lunch every day!