To get Maria Makes updates delivered to your inbox, subscribe via email here.
What do you get when you throw a TON of veggies, some chicken, a bunch of seasoning, and some lime juice in the oven together? A CHICKEN FAJITA PARTY.
This past week for lunches, I new I wanted something with a ton of veggies, but I was a little sick of salads -- so I made one of my favorites! Fajita Chicken & Veggie Bake!
You can eat a big bowl of it by itself, use it to top a salad, OR wrap it up in tortillas or lettuce wraps. I suggest some salsa and avocado to put it over the top. Muy delicioso, people.
Fajita Chicken & Veggie Bake
[Whole30 - Paleo - Gluten Free - Grain Free - Dairy Free]
1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
4 roma tomatoes, chopped
2 small-medium zucchini, chopped
2 green bell peppers, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
1 broccoli crown, chopped
3 Tbsp olive oil
Juice of 1 lime
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp cumin
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop all of your veggies as noted above. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and place all in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine fajita seasoning ingredients as noted above. Combine to make a seasoning sauce and pour it over the chicken and veggies. Combine well so all pieces are coated.
- Divide mixture between 2 cookie sheets and bake for 10 minutes.
- Stir / flip, and bake for another 10 minutes, broiling for the final 2-5 to get a bit of char on the fajita mix.
- Serve with your favorite fajita toppings! I love avocado and salsa.