To get Maria Makes updates delivered to your inbox, subscribe via email here.
I love a good egg bake! Whether you call it a crustless quiche or a frittata or a breakfast casserole or an egg bake, it's all the same... a super easy egg-based breakfast that is easy to love for SO many reasons!
- Super easy to throw together
- Allows you to squeeze some veggies in first thing in the morning
- Makes a super easy grab-and-go breakfast; a whole pan that you can enjoy all week
- You can really throw in WHATEVER you have lying around and make an awesome combo
- Reheats beautifully and is even good cold; IF you're a person who doesn't mind cold eggs (that's me!)
I'm not kidding when I say you can throw in anything! Just pick some combination of veggies and protein, cheese (if you want it), and bind it all together with eggs. Throw it all in a pan, season it, and bake! I have quite a few breakfast casserole-ish recipes here on Maria Makes, including Fiesta Chicken Egg Bake, Buffalo Chicken Egg Bake, Honky Potato Breakfast Casserole, and this Sausage & Pepper Quiche with Hashbrown Crust (to name just a few).
And when I'm not feeling a specific recipe, I just whip one up! That's how this Veggie & Goat Cheese Egg Bake came about. Loaded with hash browns, asparagus, red bell peppers, and garlic herb goat cheese, this is a breakfast I'm happy to eat ANY day of the week! An excellent combo of protein from the eggs and carbs from the hash browns makes this an ideal post-workout breakfast or snack!
I have been LOVING Montchevre's Garlic & Herb Goat Cheese in egg bakes! Goat cheese, especially this garlic & herb variety, is so full-flavored that you don't have to use a ton to get all of the herby, tangy, creamy goodness!
It can also be made Whole30 and paleo-friendly by simply leaving out the goat cheese!
Veggie & Goat Cheese Egg Bake
[Gluten Free - Grain Free - Vegetarian]
3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
15 stalks asparagus
1 red bell pepper
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 oz garlic & herb goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease an 8x8" or 9x9" square pan with coconut oil, ghee or cooking spray.
TIP: You could also line it with parchment paper for super easy clean-up!
- Add the frozen hash browns to the pan.
- Snap the woody ends off of the asparagus spears and chop into 1-inch pieces. Sprinkle over the hash browns.
- Chop red bell pepper and add to the pan as well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with salt and pepper until the eggs are frothy and uniformly yellow.
- Pour the eggs evenly over the veggies in the pan.
TIP: At this point, I like to use my fingers to kind of evenly distribute the hashbrowns and veggies throughout the eggs. You want a little bit of everything in every bite!
- Crumble the goat cheese in very small pieces over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the center is set.
TIP: Due to the frozen hashbrowns, this one can take a little longer to bake than a straight egg/veggie egg bake!
- Cut into pieces and enjoy! Store leftovers in the refrigerator for easy grab and go breakfasts!