To get Maria Makes updates delivered to your inbox, subscribe via email here.
Happy FryDay, friends! I'm keeping this post short and sweet, just like the recipe itself!
These roasty toasty sweet potato wedges are baked super simply - just with olive oil, salt, and pepper. The real star of the show is the red curry aioli, made with homemade mayo and your favorite red curry paste (I like Thai Kitchen!).
The potato wedges are kind of burnt and crunchy on the outside, but sweet and soft on the inside, and they pair perfectly with the spice from the red curry aioli.
Keep an eye out for fry thieves too... they're always lurking around!
Sweet Potato Wedges with Red Curry Aioli
[Whole30 - Paleo - Gluten Free - Grain Free - Dairy Free]
3 large sweet potatoes
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper
For the Red Pepper Aioli:
1 batch homemade mayo (or 1 cup of pre-made mayo)
1 Tbsp red curry paste (I like Thai Kitchen)
- Preheat oven to 425 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half, and then into wedges, and add them to a large bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the wedges on the cookie sheets, being careful to make sure they don't touch each other (they need space to crisp up!).
- Bake for 25 minutes, then flip each wedge and bake for another 15 minutes. Broil for 2-3 minutes or so to crisp up the wedges (I like them to get a little burnt around the edges).
- To make the aioli: mix the 1 cup of mayonnaise with the 1 Tbsp of red curry paste. Taste and add more curry paste if you want it to be more potent!
- Dip away and enjoy!