To get Maria Makes updates delivered to your inbox, subscribe via email here.
I recently teamed up with The Whole30 Blog on a summer recipe series called Grilled Over Greens. Each post included recipes for a grilled protein, a perfectly-paired salad, and a killer dressing to top it all off! Check out this link for the original post.
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Kebabs
[Whole30 - Paleo - Gluten Free - Grain Free - Dairy Free]
2 lb wild shrimp, peeled and de-veined
4 cloves garlic, peeled
2 jalapeños, halved and de-seeded
1/2 cup cilantro
juice of 1 lime
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
- Add garlic, jalapeños, cilantro, lime, cumin, and salt to the bowl of your food processor and pulse until everything is very finely chopped. The end result will resemble a pesto.
- Pour the marinade over the shrimp and gently toss to coat. Set aside to marinate for about 15 minutes.
- Thread the marinated shrimp onto bamboo skewers.
TIP: I usually soak my skewers when I'm cooking chicken or steak since they will be on the grill for longer and tend to catch on fire/burn. Since shrimp cooks SO fast, I don't bother soaking the skewers first -- but you can if you want to!
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat and grease the grates with a bit of olive oil or coconut oil.
- If you're grilling any veggies to go along with the shrimp, throw them on first to give them a head start (since the shrimp cook really fast!)
- Place the shrimp skewers on the grill and keep an eye on them! Cook for about 2 minutes on each side. They are done once they've turned pink.