To get Maria Makes updates delivered to your inbox, subscribe via email here.
This BBQ Chicken Pizza is a pretty classic flavor combo that I can in NO way take credit for! I guess you could call this my take on the "classic." It's perfectly smoky yet sweet, a little spicy, cheesy and melty, a fresh hit from the cilantro.... YES. Just yes.
BBQ Chicken was the perfect flavor pairing for my new Sweet Potato Pizza Crust!
I used some organic barbecue sauce that I picked up at the grocery store, but you could use homemade or whatever your favorite brand is! The plan was to use a combo of mozzarella and smoked gouda cheeses, but I couldn't find any smoked gouda, so I went with smoked CHEDDAR and it was PERFECT.
BBQ Chicken Pizza on Sweet Potato Crust
[Gluten Free - Grain Free]
1/2 - 3/4 cup barbecue sauce of your choice
1/2 - 3/4 cup shredded chicken
1/2 - 3/4 cup grated mozzarella
1/4 - 1/3 cup grated smoked cheddar
1/2 of a medium red onion, sliced super thinly
handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Pre-bake the sweet potato pizza crusts per this recipe (or you can start with whatever kind of crust you want to use!)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread 1/4 cup or more of your favorite BBQ sauce over each crust.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and smoked cheddar cheese. More if you like it cheesy!
- Top with shredded chicken, red onion, and a thin drizzle of barbecue sauce.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melty.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and SERVE!